Where you go to school matters; reputation, job fairs, experienced instructors, relationships with multiple externship sites means you get a robust program. EMT Utah enjoys some of the highest pass rates in Utah; exceeding the state and national averages. We are experts in EMT education and give you the BEST bang for your buck.
Tuition: $985 – A deposit of $185 must be paid in order to register and reserve a seat for a program*. The balance of $800 is due by the first day of class. After the deposit has been paid, remaining balance can be paid by logging into myEMTUtah and accessing the Payment Portal. Students can make as many payments of any size as often as they’d like as long as the full balance is paid by the first day of class.
*Our classes often fill quickly so timely registration is important. Students who do not register in time to secure a seat will be placed on a waiting list. If you are on a wait list, please arrive for orientation as you may be able to get into the class if others do not show up. Please arrive at least five minutes early.
- REQUIRED: A blood pressure cuff and stethoscope. You can purchase these yourself, borrow a set, or purchase a set from EMT Utah for $40 (only available as a set, not for individual purchase).
- REQUIRED: Students must acquire the exact textbook we use in class with an unused access code and have it by the first day. Students may purchase the textbook/workbook bundle from EMT Utah for $150 or elsewhere. Again, it must be the exact same textbook (ISBN: 9781284080179) and it must have an unused access code.
- REQUIRED: A watch with a second hand for taking vital signs. (Currently unavailable for purchase from the school)
- Students receive a FREE EMT Utah shirt required to be worn in class. Additional shirts are available for purchase for $15 each.
- STATE REQUIREMENTS: Current Basic Life Support CPR is required to submit to BEMS for licensure. If you do not have one or your card has expired you can take a class from us for a discount cost of $40.
- OPTIONAL: EMT Utah swag including a zip hoodie, patches, and extra shirts. Available for purchase from the online Gear Shop and distributed in class.
Supplies purchased online at registration or from the Gear Shop will be distributed in class
- Testing Fee – Students are required to take a NREMT-certified Psychomotor Skills exam. EMT Utah offers this exam to the public for $275; however, when you take an EMT class from us, you enjoy a $200 discount and pay only $75.
- Licensing Fees – These are fees paid to the state (BEMS) and national (NREMT) licensing organizations (not EMT Utah) and cover the testing fee for the NREMT cognitive written exam. Students schedule this exam upon successful completion of an EMT course and after passing the Psychomotor Exam.
BEMS Fees: $110.25 – Paid to the State licensing organization (Application Fee + Background Check & Fingerprints)
NREMT Testing Fee: $80
Financing & Other Payment Options:
EMT Utah does not offer in-house financing, but other options for financial assistance are available. EMT Utah does not offer Title IV student loans and does not participate in the Pell Grant program. Read more about Financing Assistance.