Tuition: $895 – A deposit of $195 must be paid in order to register and reserve a seat for a program*. The balance of $700 plus $45 Lab Fee is due by the first day of class. After the deposit has been paid, remaining balance can be paid by logging into myEMTUtah and accessing the Payment Portal. Students can make as many payments of any size as often as they’d like as long as the full balance is paid by the first day of class.
*Our classes often fill quickly so timely registration is important. Students who do not register in time to secure a seat will be placed on a waiting list. If you are on a wait list, please arrive for orientation as you may be able to get into the class if others do not show up. Please arrive at least five minutes early.
- REQUIRED: A blood pressure cuff and stethoscope. You can purchase these yourself, borrow a set, or purchase a set from EMT Utah for $40 (only available as a set, not for individual purchase).
- REQUIRED: Students must acquire the exact textbook we use in class with an unused access code and have it by the first day. Students may purchase the textbook from EMT Utah for $100 or elsewhere. Again, it must be the exact same book (ISBN: 9781284080179) and it must have an unused access code.
- REQUIRED: A watch with a second hand for taking vital signs. You can purchase this yourself or from EMT Utah for $10.
- Students receive a FREE EMT Utah shirt required to be worn in class. Additional shirts are available for purchase for $15 each.
- STATE REQUIREMENTS: To apply for an EMT license, the state licensing agency (BEMS) requires students to submit results of a TB test from within the past year. You may have this done in many clinics, but EMT Utah can provide a test in class for $15. The test may be purchased at registration or the online Gear Shop and is usually administered within the first week or two of class.
- STATE REQUIREMENTS: Current Basic Life Support CPR is required to submit to BEMS for licensure. If you do not have one or your card has expired you can take a class from us for a discount cost of $40.
- OPTIONAL: A student workbook that is an excellent companion to the textbook, available from EMT Utah for $75. We strongly encourage all students to purchase the textbook and workbook together for discounted bundle price of $150. Students who buy and use the workbook tend to be more successful on the NREMT cognitive exam.
- OPTIONAL: EMT Utah swag including a zip hoodie, patches, beanies, and keychains. Available for purchase from the online Gear Shop and distributed in class.
Supplies purchased online at registration or from the Gear Shop will be distributed in class
- Lab Fee – This fee provides students with a two-hour cadaver lab presentation at the Institute of Human Anatomy. Cadaver labs open to the public can be hundreds of dollars, and we provide this amazing learning experience to our students for the low price of $45.
- Testing Fee – Students are required to take a NREMT-certified Psychomotor Skills exam. EMT Utah offers this exam to the public for $275; however, when you take an EMT class from us, you enjoy a $200 discount and pay only $75.
- Licensing Fees – These are fees paid to the state (BEMS) and national (NREMT) licensing organizations (not EMT Utah) and cover the testing fee for the NREMT cognitive written exam. Students schedule this exam upon successful completion of an EMT course and after passing the Psychomotor Exam.
BEMS Fees: $102 ($40 Application + $62 for Background Check & Fingerprints)
NREMT Testing Fee: $80
Financing & Other Payment Options:
EMT Utah does not offer in-house financing, but other options for financial assistance are available. Read more about Financing Assistance.