Are you looking to fine-tune your EMS knowledge and skills while teaching the next generation of EMS professionals? EMT Utah is always looking for qualified, experienced, and competent EMS educators.
EMT Utah’s instructors and course coordinators work on a part-time or PRN (as needed) basis teaching EMT, AEMT, and BLS courses at our three main EMT campuses (Salt Lake City, Orem, and Clearfield). Educators work closely with other instructors and course coordinators to teach didactic and psychomotor course content to our students and are expected to act with the utmost professionalism in all their dealings. Newly hired instructors and course coordinators will be guided through our onboarding process upon hire, which includes following one of our more seasoned instructors through multiple courses to learn about our policies and procedures, get comfortable lecturing and instructing skills in a controlled environment, become familiar with course requirements (including state and national testing procedures), develop an effective and individualized personal teaching style, and eventually feel comfortable teaching on their own.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and eligible to legally work in the United States
- Must be proficient in English, both written and oral
- Must hold a current, non-expired Utah EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic license that is in good standing
- Must have a current, non-expired EMS Instructor endorsement from Utah BEMSP that is in good standing; Course Coordinator endorsement preferred
- Must hold a current, non-expired BLS for Healthcare Providers certification; AHA BLS Instructor certification preferred
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job including but not limited to standing, kneeling, lifting and moving simulated patients, performing CPR and other physical assessments and interventions, etc.
- Must have adequate experience in a healthcare setting (ambulance, fire department, hospital, clinic, etc.)
- Must be professional and approachable and able to work collaboratively in the students’ best interests
- Must be familiar with the general functions of Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Word and Excel), as well as email, and must be willing and able to learn to use other electronic programs critical to the job (ImageTrend, Canvas, Deputy, etc.)
- Experience with teaching EMS topics preferred
- Must demonstrate a commitment to integrity and high moral and ethical standards
Our competitive pay varies depending upon certification level (EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic), years of relevant EMS and teaching experience, other certifications held (ACLS, PALS, BLS Instructor, Critical Care, etc.), and endorsement level (Instructor or Course Coordinator).
To apply, please fill out and submit the application below or email your resume to email@example.com.
INSTRUCTOR AND COURSE COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Submit a Resume