Where you go to school matters; reputation, job fairs, experienced instructors, relationships with multiple externship sites means you get the best program. EMT Utah enjoys some of the highest pass rates in Utah; exceeding the state and national averages. We are experts in EMT education and give you the BEST bang for your buck.
This is an approximately 160+-hour EMT Program that prepares graduates to function in the pre-hospital environment. The program provides instruction in basic life support care of sick and injured persons. This includes airway assessment, communications, documentation, general pharmacology, hemorrhage control, ambulance operations, and splinting of adult, pediatric, and infant patients; and special care of patients exposed to heat, cold, radiation, or contagious disease. The program includes a mixture of practical and lecture-based instruction. Students will be required to demonstrate competence in practical skills as well as on written examinations.
This is a fast-paced, professional, and well organized program taught by professionals in the field of emergency medicine. Successful graduation from this program allows you to test with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians so you can begin a new career in record time.
Prepare students to work as an EMT in an entry-level position in a variety of healthcare settings.
Prepare students to provide quality patient care in a pre-hospital setting.
Prepare students to sit for the state/NREMT national written and practical EMT examinations.
Prepare students to qualify to enroll in an Advanced EMT program and course of study.
-Must be 18 years of age
-Must be proficient in English (written and oral)
-Approximately 160+ hours of lecture, training, and skills practice
-Access to a robust online classroom with a variety of study resources
-EMT Utah Class Shirt
-Access to discounts on additional courses
- BEMS Fee: $102 fee* ($40 Application + $62 for Background Check & Fingerprints)
- NREMT Fee: $80*
*These are fees paid to the State and National licensing organizations. These fees are not paid to EMT Utah
- Textbook: $100 – Students can buy their book elsewhere, but they must bring it to orientation. It must be the correct book: Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, 11th Edition (ISBN: 9781284080179). The book must have an unused access code for online content. Students who purchase a book from the school will get the book at orientation.
- There is also an optional workbook that is an excellent companion to the textbook. We strongly encourage all students to purchase the textbook / workbook bundle. The NREMT written exam is HARD – and the workbook will help you focus on the important knowledge you will need to know. You can buy the textbook or workbook from the school as a bundle which allows you to save some money. If you buy the workbook elsewhere, be sure to get the right book (ISBN: 9781284131062).
- NREMT Practical Psychomotor Exam Fee: $275 (Students of EMT Utah receive a $200 discount, and pay only $75*) – Students must register for and complete a practical Psychomotor Exam after they complete their EMT class. EMT Utah offers NREMT Psychomotor Exams via the Testing Center. This fee is due at the time of exam registration.
- You must create an account with BEMS (State licensing agency) online and pay the fee (read under Additional fees above). We’ll walk you through creating this account, and within the first 14 days of class, you will be required to submit the following to BEMS:
- A current AHA Basic Life Support CPR certification. If you need one, we offer this class. EMT Utah students enjoy $10 off BLS CPR classes ($40 after discount). Once you have registered for an EMT class, you will receive an email with a coupon code. Feel free to take this class before your EMT class starts, but no later than 14 days into the class so you can submit it to BEMS.
- Obtain and pass a criminal background check, conducted by BEMS as part of the application process. Part of the BEMS fee covers this check.
- Students must acquire the exact textbook we use in class and have it by orientation day. No exceptions. Students may purchase the textbook from the school for $100 or students may buy the book somewhere else or borrow a copy from a friend. Again, it must be the exact same book (ISBN: 9781284080179). The textbook must have an unused access code.
- Students receive an EMT Utah shirt for class, additional shirts: $15 each
- BP Cuff and stethoscope is REQUIRED, you may have one, borrow one from someone or buy one from EMT Utah for $40.
- A watch with a second hand is required for taking vitals. You may purchase this anywhere or buy one from the school for $10.
- Current Basic Life Support CPR is required – if you do not have one or your card has expired you can take a class from us for a discounted cost of $40 (Save 20% or $10).
Optional Programs and Training
- AEMT Program enhances your employment options
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) Discount
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) Discount
- PHTLS (Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support) Discount
- AMLS (Advanced Medical Life Support) Discount
- TECC (Tactical Emergency Casualty Care) Discount