Advanced Emergency Medical Technician – Tuition $875
Where you go to school matters; reputation, job fairs, experienced instructors, relationships with multiple externship sites means you get a robust program. EMT Utah enjoys some of the highest pass rates in Utah; exceeding the state and national averages. We are experts in EMT education and give you the BEST bang for your buck.
The Advanced Emergency Medical Technician certificate program prepares students to provide basic and limited advanced emergency medical care and transportation for critical and emergent patients who access the emergency medical system. This individual possesses the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care and transportation. Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians function as part of a comprehensive EMS response, under medical oversight. Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians perform interventions with the basic and advanced equipment typically found on an ambulance. The Advanced Emergency Medical Technician is a link from the scene to the emergency health care system. Successful completion of the program allows the graduate to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians AEMT Exam.
- 134+ hours of lecture, lab and skills practice
- IV kit
- EMT Utah Class Shirt (only if student has not attended an EMT program at EMT Utah)
- Remediation (Skills labs) are part of the program and included in tuition
The objective of the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician or AEMT program of study is The Advanced EMT is designed to take students from Basic to Advanced Life Support skills. Advanced life support and patient assessment in the time of crisis are the main skills learned. The text and lecture formats are designed for the students in a single course to achieve the goal of certification under the Utah State Bureau of Emergency Medical Services as an advanced level EMT.
Program Cognitive Objective:
At the completion of the program, the student will demonstrate the ability to comprehend, apply, and evaluate the clinical information relative to his/her role as an entry level Advanced EMT.
Program Psychomotor Objective:
At the completion of the program, the student will demonstrate technical proficiency in
all skills necessary to fulfill the role of entry level Advanced EMT.
Program Affective Objective:
At the completion of the program, the student will demonstrate personal behaviors consistent with professional and employer expectations for the entry level Advanced EMT.
• 18 years of age or older.
• Possess current state or National Certification at the EMT level or a current state license at the EMT level or higher.
• Verification from the Program Director that you hold a current CPR-BLS for Healthcare Providers or equivalent credential and have demonstrated competence in Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) skills.
• Student must be able to attend all classroom and training hours
Additional Fees: The textbook is not included in tuition. We subsidize some of the cost. If you can buy the textbook and somewhere else for less – PLEASE DO SO! If not, buy the book from us and we will have it for you on the first day of class.
Textbook – students may purchase the textbook from the school for $125 or buy it from other places. A student must purchase or borrow the exact textbook we use (ISBN: 9781284136562). The textbook must have an unused access code. Bring the textbook to orientation. Students without a textbook or the wrong textbook at orientation will be required to purchase a textbook from the school – $125.
• Basic Life Support CPR certification (AHA)
• Utah State EMT Certification (verified)
• Negative TB test (within the past year)
• Picture ID
• Clean criminal background