- Classroom lectures, videos, skills practice and test prep
- Approximately 134+ hours of instruction
- T-shirt (additional shirts $15)
- Skills Labs & Remediation
- Free IV kit and supplies
- Must be a UTAH certified EMT-Basic by the first day of the AEMT program
- Must be over the age of 18
- Lab Fee: $45 – Cadaver Lab Training Class at the Institute of Human Anatomy. EMT Utah is the only EMS program in the state of Utah to offer cadaver lab training. It’s an incredible learning opportunity for an amazing price!
- Textbook – $125 – Students can buy their book elsewhere, but they must bring it to orientation. The textbook must have an unused access code and be the exact correct ISBN number (9781284136562). Students who purchased a book from the school will get the book at orientation.
- BEMS Fee: $115 or $50 (depending on when you got your EMTB – paid online @ www.emslicense.utah.gov)
- NREMT Fee: $100 (must be paid online @ www.nremt.org)
- Practical Psychomotor Exam Fee – $350 (EMT Utah students receive a $200 discount, so Exam fee is $150)
Program Description: The primary focus of the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician is to provide basic and limited advanced emergency medical care and transportation for critical and emergent patients who access the emergency medical system. This individual possesses the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care and transportation. Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians function as part of a comprehensive EMS response, under medical oversight. Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians perform interventions with the basic and advanced equipment typically found on an ambulance. The Advanced Emergency Medical Technician is a link from the scene to the emergency health care system.
[From the: National EMS Scope of Practice Model]
For more detailed information, visit the AEMT Program Overview.
Click the box for your desired campus location to view class dates and to register.