This is a 134-hour advanced emergency medical technician (AEMT) program that prepares graduates to function in the pre-hospital and hospital environments. The program provides instruction in limited advanced care of sick and injured persons, including advanced course content in medical emergencies and interventions, trauma emergencies and interventions, airway, respiration, and ventilation management, cardiovascular emergencies, and EMS operations. This fast-paced, professional, and well-organized program includes a mixture of didactic- and skills-based instruction. In order to complete the course, students will be required to demonstrate adequate cognitive knowledge and competence in the required practical skills.
For more detailed information, visit the AEMT Program Overview.
For answers to the most frequently asked questions, see AEMT FAQs.
$1099 Tuition Includes:
- 134+ hours of didactic lecture, skills instruction, and online learning content
- Access to online classroom and resources
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification *NEW FOR 2023!*
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification *NEW FOR 2023!*
- Access to remedial training, as needed
- Free IV supply kit
- One free EMT Utah t-shirt
- Must hold a current Utah EMT certification by the first day of class (NREMT certification alone will not be sufficient)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be proficient in English (written and oral)
- Must use legal name as it appears on government-issued ID when registering
- Ability to pass a state-administered background check (see Utah Admin. Code 426-5-3200 for criteria for exclusion from licensure)
- Must have current BLS certification within two weeks of the course start date (see approved list)
Additional Fees (Not Included in Tuition):
- Textbook: $125 – We will be using Advanced Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, Fourth Edition. It can be a used or rented book, as we will not be using the publisher’s access code (although some students prefer to buy a new book and utilize the publisher’s content as a supplemental learning tool). Students who purchase books and supplies from the school will pick them up on the scheduled start date of their class. Students who purchase their book elsewhere must bring it to orientation.
- Blood Pressure Cuff/Stethoscope: $40 – Students can purchase a set through the school in the Gear Shop and will pick them up on the scheduled start date of class. Students may also purchase a set elsewhere, but must bring it to class on the first day.
- Psychomotor Exam Fee: $150 – This fee is not included in your tuition and must be paid separately at the time of your exam.
- BEMS Fee**: $45 or $110.25 (depending upon whether BEMS has a current background check on file for you) – Paid to the state licensing organization. These fees must be paid online after your course begins by going to www.emslicense.utah.gov.
- NREMT Fee**: $144 – Paid to the national certification organization each time you attempt the cognitive exam. These fees must be paid online after your course begins by going to www.nremt.org.
**These fees are not paid to EMT Utah.
Click the box for your desired campus location to view class dates and to register.