Where you go to school matters. We are experts in EMS education with over 10 years of experience providing EMT students with the knowledge and skills they need to be confident and competent care providers. All of our instructors are state-endorsed EMS educators and current or retired professionals in the field of emergency medicine with a broad range of backgrounds including fire departments and ambulance services, flight medicine, rural EMS, hospitals and clinics, and much more.
The EPIC program is an all-inclusive package deal that allows students to take AEMT, WFR (condensed), ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, AMLS, and TECC at a 20% discount in order to provide a well-rounded EMS education. By completing the EPIC program, students will progress from EMT to AEMT and will also complete all Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements to recertify their AEMT after their first two-year certification cycle. In the process, they will also obtain two-year certifications in ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, AMLS, and TECC and will become Wilderness First Responders, as well.
The $2399 tuition includes the tuition for the seven courses listed above and all required textbooks and supplies for each course. In order to be eligible to register for the EPIC program, students must be certified in BLS (see approved list) and hold a current, non-expired EMT certification in the state of Utah. A $299 deposit will secure your place in the program and the remaining tuition will be put on a $300 per month payment plan.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be proficient in English (written and oral)
- Must use legal name as it appears on government-issued ID when registering
- Ability to pass a state-administered background check (see Utah Admin. Code 426-5-3200 for criteria for exclusion from licensure)
- Must hold a current, non-expired BLS certification (see approved list) before registering
- Must hold a current, non-expired Utah EMT certification before registering
$2399 Tuition Includes:
- Seven EMS courses: AEMT, WFR (condensed), ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, AMLS, TECC
- Six required textbooks: AEMT, WFR, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, AMLS
- AEMT psychomotor exam fees
- One free EMT Utah t-shirt
Additional Fees (Not Included in Tuition):
- BEMS Fee**: $45 or $110.25 (depending upon whether BEMS has a current background check on file for you) – These fees must be paid online after your course begins by going to www.emslicense.utah.gov.
- NREMT Fee**: $136 – Paid to the national certification organization each time you attempt the cognitive exam. These fees must be paid online after your course begins by going to www.nremt.org.
**These fees are not paid to EMT Utah.
Students pay a $299 deposit to begin the program. The remaining $2100 can be paid as a lump sum or by seven $300 per month payments. Payment plan agreement will be sent upon registration.
Students have one year to complete all courses starting from the first day of their AEMT course. Once the AEMT course is complete, students may take the remaining courses in any order, so long as they complete them before the year deadline.
Withdrawing from the EPIC Program:
In the event that student must drop from the program after the start of the EPIC Program, EMT Utah will calculate the total fees for the courses that have been taken or started, plus a $100 cancellation fee and will refund any excess that has been paid above that amount. Students are responsible to pay full price for any courses they have taken or started if they choose to drop the program.