EMT Continuing Medical Education is required to recertify as an EMT, AEMT and Paramedic in Utah.
NOTICE: We are offering recertification hours to EMTs and AEMTs in need for the March 31st deadline. Open-house hours to obtain CMEs will be available March 25-28, 2019 at our Salt Lake City campus. Up to 50 hours of CMEs can be earned by attending this CME class for the price of $250. Click the SLC campus box below to register.
The purpose of CME is to:
- Refresh the individual’s understanding of clinical and operational roles and responsibilities.
- Update skills and knowledge in patient assessment and in all treatment procedures within the scope of the provider.
- Sustain skills in the use and maintenance of all equipment required to render emergency medical care at the level of certification.
- Provide opportunities for discussion, skill, practice, and critique of skill performance.
- Reinforce the provider’s skills that are not used on a regular basis.
- Update the individuals on current best practices.
In order to determine what your CME needs are,
contact the Bureau of Emergency Medical Services (BEMS) at 801.273.6666
CME Tuition is based on the hours needed for recertification:
35 hours or fewer: $195
36 hours or more: $295
For a personalized EMT Continuing Medical Education program,
contact our admin offices at 801.512.2645
Depending on your needs, your hours may be fulfilled by taking one of our Critical Care Courses:
ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support (16 hours)
PALS – Pediatric Advanced Life Support (16 hours)
PHTLS – Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (16 hours)