So what makes EMT Utah so special? Why do we train so many Utah EMS first responders? Because we are the experts and we have dedicated our time, effort and resources into creating the best program in Utah.
Why US? Simple. Bigger ideas. Smaller costs and ….
- Our program offers a ten-hour externship with a fire department and an ER rotation in a hospital. Getting access to ER rotations is not easy — most schools don’t bother or can’t secure contracts with hospitals. Unfortunately, this limits your experience and limits your ability to connect with more potential employers.
- Our course is fast paced – why waste months in school? Don’t worry – our high pass rates demonstrate we have the ability to get you through the course, certified and on your way to a new career before you know it!
- We don’t have 2 or 3 instructors – we have more than 20 and nearly all of them work in the field including fire fighters, paramedics, and flight medics.
- We handle everything onsite; TB tests, drug testing, notary services, remediation, tutoring and CPR classes. Job placement assistance is included and very helpful.
- You enroll and complete your state paperwork ONLINE and electronically – saving time and paper.
- We don’t use the unreliable online resources from the textbook publisher – this is often cookie cutter stuff full of wasteful games and busy work. Instead we host our own proprietary online learning environment – Moodle – filled with resources, quizzes, simulations, apps, practice tests etc. It helps ensure your success.
- We don’t run our program out of a garage or a bank or credit union. We are a school – with classrooms, break rooms, vending machines, data projectors, computer lab, and state-of-the-art equipment.
- We are open during class but we also offer a full-time staff – a Finance Director can help you figure out the best way to pay for your program and our Program Director (with a Bachelor’s degree in EMS management from the U) is here full-time to offer support, remediation and tutoring – all free.
- Job Club is available to any graduate – learn to write the resume and cover letter that gets you an interview and learn the best interviewing techniques to land the job you want.
- No school in Utah allows EMT students a chance to attend an amazing human cadaver lab. For a hundred bucks you can learn anatomy by examining the human body in its most vulnerable form. It is an experience you do not want to miss!
- We offer other courses too, that help prepare you for employment including a computer and writing course, medical terminology and more.
- We can provide you with discounted Bus and Trax passes to make getting to school easy.
- Our EMT Utah Volunteer Corp is unlike anything you have ever seen – a chance to practice skills and gain patient contact hours by volunteering at Stand-by First Aid stations, participate in disaster drills – and rub shoulders with the best and brightest in health care and the world of EMS services.
- For grads who want to work in the field and teach, our Instructor Development Program puts you on track to become an instructor at EMT Utah and eventually a Course Coordinator. Learn leadership skills, management skills, teach and help with skills while working with our professional faculty members.
- CME’s allow you to stay current in the field and to prepare to re-certify every four years. At $3.50 an hour you are sure to save money and stay up-to-date.
- If you are a veteran or the spouse of a veteran, you may be eligible to receive a grant of $500 toward your tuition. Contact us for more information. We are proud to serve our veterans and their families.
- We are the largest private educator of EMS students in Utah – we are experts – we have fun, we work hard and we are committed to YOUR success.
With so many services, classes, resources, with a proven track record and awesome professional instructors, in a classroom environment, with access to the Corps and Job Club, the question is not why us. The question is … why would you want to go ANYWHERE else?
Call or register online – we live and breathe EMS – and can help you change your life!