Become an EMT at a pace that works for you.
This is a 160+ hour emergency medical technician (EMT) program that prepares graduates to function in the pre-hospital and hospital environments. The program provides instruction in basic care of sick and injured persons, including course content in medical emergencies and interventions, trauma emergencies and interventions, airway, respiration, and ventilation management, cardiovascular emergencies, and EMS operations. The self-paced, online portion of this program includes 100+ hours of didactic instruction in the form of interactive eLearning modules, lecture videos, quizzes and more. The in-person skills boot camp portion of this program includes 60 hours of skills instruction from state-endorsed instructors as well as a psychomotor skills exam. In order to complete the course, students will be required to demonstrate adequate cognitive knowledge and competence in the required practical skills.
For more detailed information about our online program, visit the EMT Online Course Overview.
For answers to the most frequently asked questions, see EMT Online FAQs.
$1750 Tuition Includes:
- 100+ hours of self-paced, online didactic lecture and learning content
- 60 hours of in-person skills instruction (skills boot camp)
- Access to the eBook, online classroom and resources
- Access to remedial training, as needed
- Lunch and snacks during the skills boot camp
- A blood pressure cuff and stethoscope set
- Two free EMT Utah t-shirts
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the end of the course
- Must be proficient in English (written and oral)
- Must use legal name as it appears on government-issued ID when registering
- Ability to pass a state-administered background check (see Utah Admin. Code 426-5-3200 for criteria for exclusion from licensure)
- Must have current BLS certification by the first day of the skills boot camp (see approved list)
- Must have access to the internet and a device capable of completing online coursework
Additional Fees (Not Included in Tuition):
- BEMS Fee**: $110.25 – Paid to the state licensing organization (Application Fee + Background Check & Fingerprints). These fees must be paid online after your course begins by going to www.emslicense.utah.gov.
- NREMT Fee**: $98 – Paid to the national certification organization each time you attempt the cognitive exam. These fees must be paid online after your course begins by going to www.nremt.org.
**These fees are not paid to EMT Utah.
How it works:
EMT courses are made up of two components: didactic learning and hands-on skills.
The online, self-paced didactic portion of the course is completed first. Upon registration, you will receive an online access code which you will redeem in order to begin working on the online coursework. Once you receive your access code, you will have nine (9) months to complete the course and pass all required quizzes and the final exam.
Once you complete the online didactic portion of the course, you will register for and complete an in-person skills boot camp. We hold these boot camps at least once every other month, so don’t worry if you don’t see a date far enough in the future for you. We will add additional future dates as they get closer. During your skills boot camp, you will learn and pass off all of the skills required at the EMT level and you will take your psychomotor skills exam.
Upon completion of the skills boot camp and psychomotor exam, you will be eligible to take the NREMT cognitive exam. The state of Utah requires that you pass this exam in order to become certified as an EMT. If you plan on using our program to become certified in a state other than Utah, you will still have to become Utah-certified first and then seek reciprocity with your state.
If you are ready to register, click the Online Course box below. Be sure to enter your email address accurately in order to receive important course information.